Takoma Foundation Fall Grant Cycle Open
5 p.m. October 28
Please view the grant guidelines and submit your application using the template below.
Please keep your answers short and to the point. We request that proposals be no more than three pages plus attachments (please use 12 pt. type). The Foundation should be able to fully evaluate your request based on the information you provide in the proposal and not depend on lengthy attachments.
We anticipate making award announcements in January.
1. APPLICANT INFORMATION
Name of Legal Entity Submitting Request:
Tax ID Number:
Non-profit organizations must attach a copy of their IRS Letter of Determination.
• If your organization does not have an IRS Letter of Determination, attach materials which provide the Foundation with information about how the group operates.
• Provide the name of your fiscal agent if you have one.
2. MISSION STATEMENT OR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE OF YOUR ORGANIZATION
3. SUMMARY OF PROJECT/ACTIVITY (2-3 sentences)
4. WHAT WILL THE PROJECT ACCOMPLISH?
5. DESCRIPTION OF PROPOSED ACTIVITY/ WORK PLAN
Describe the program activities including who will perform the activities, where and how. Indicate if other organizations or individuals are participating in or supporting the activity.
6. BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
• Who will benefit from the project and how.
• How this proposal mobilizes, utilizes, enhances, or expands community resources.
• How this proposal includes contributions from local residence in time and resources.
• Does this proposal strengthen an important component of community life? Tell us how.
• If the project does not take place within Takoma Park, please be specific about how it will benefit the Takoma Park community.
Provide a schedule for major tasks and accomplishments. (Note that the Takoma Foundation funds projects that last a year or less.)
• Provide a budget for the project, including any support you expect to receive from other sources, and an organizational budget, if one is available
• For the purpose of this application, support may be financial or in-kind, such as volunteer hours that community members have pledged to the project.
• Tell us how the funding from the Takoma Foundation will impact the project.
• If your organizational budget is over $100,000, please enclose recent income and expense statements.
• How will you know if this activity was a success?
• Describe plans for reporting results of your project to the Takoma Foundation.
10. PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU HEARD ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY